A brilliant opportunity has arisen for an Office Manager to join a busy and dynamic events agency.
This is an ideal role for an Office Manager who’s ideally worked in an vibrant agency environment. Reporting to the Head of Business Operations, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient running of their new London office.
Responsibilities will range from day-to-day administrative tasks (including reception duties & ordering stock) to negotiating supplier contracts, organising team socials/events, back office business system reviews and a some light PA duties for the Directors.
This is a dream role for someone looking for an opportunity to grow their responsibility and develop a career in business operations. You'll be a good confident communicator, someone who learns quickly, can prioritise tasks expertly and does it all with a smile!
- Office Contract Management and negotiations
- Drafting and managing office budgets
- Reviewing back-office systems and processes to identify and implement efficiency
- Occasional PA support to four Board Directors to make their days run smoothly.
- Travel booking and itineraries and helping with expenses
- Diary management
- Ad hoc requests such as booking a restaurant, buying a client gift, or grabbing lunch or coffee for a board meeting.
Skills and experience:
- 3+ years’ experience managing or assisting in the management of an office, preferably an agency
- environment or from within the creative industry
- Independent thinker, highly organised and self-motivated
- Hands-on, not frightened to get stuck in and fix things from replacing a light bulb to troubleshooting
- first-line IT issues (with the support of an external IT support company)
- Confident communicator, comfortable managing up, down and sideways to keep the office running
- Experience with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and especially Excel (Formulas/Pivot tables etc.) and generally tech savvy, able to pick up new platforms, systems, software and apps quickly
- A self-starter with entrepreneurial instincts – a strategic, long-term, big picture mindset while maintaining a meticulous attention to detail and a lateral thinking problem solving approach
- Always willing to go the extra mile
- First Aider, Mental Health first aider and/or health & safety qualifications would be advantageous.
This role will pay £35,000 to £45,000 (DOE) per annum.
Lily Shippen are experts in recruiting top business support and Human Resources talent, including PAs, EAs, Receptionists, Private PAs and Office Managers as well as Generalists, L&D, Recruitment (Experienced and Graduate) and HR Operations, on a temporary, permanent and fixed-term contract basis. We work with clients across the UK from our offices in London and Manchester, as well as servicing international and remote roles.