A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Team Assistant / Secretary to join a reputable City Investment Management business. This is an ideal role for someone with around 2 year’s financial services experience in client administration or legal experience with an interest in private fund management.
The business is open to applicants looking for either full time or part time work (4 days a week).
This busy and varied role will involve daily dictation and typing, so accuracy is key.
- Assist with the new client account opening process
- Assist with drafting client reports and correspondence that would accompany valuations, dealing letters or Investment Manager recommendations and responses to ad hoc client requests/queries
- Typing and filing
- Proof-read and check documents
- Maintain filing systems, update information regularly and ensure internal CRM system is kept up to date
- Ensure filing systems are checked before annual File Review
- Proactively look for efficiencies and potential process improvements
- Complete SharePoint forms for Investment Manager approval
- Prepare payment, receipt, transfer and other forms for Investment Manager approval
- Help resolve administrative queries
- Take telephone messages and relay to Investment Manager
- Ensure client background & suitability reports are kept up to date
- Provide desk administration cover during periods of high volume, illness or other absence
- Any other ad hoc team administration as required
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to develop and maintain excellent internal and external relationships
- Good customer facing skills
- Analytical and numerate
- Highly organised
- Able to multi-task and prioritise tasks effectively
- Computer literate and advanced user of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- GCSE (or equivalent) English (grade C or above)
In addition to a brilliant team culture, they offer excellent benefits and a collaborative, supportive work environment.
This role will pay £35,000 - £40,000 (DOE)
Lily Shippen’s business support team are experts in recruiting top secretarial, office administration and business support talent, including Personal Assistants, Executive Assistants, Private PAs and Office Managers, on a temporary, permanent and fixed-term contract basis. We work with clients across the United Kingdom, from our offices in London and Manchester, as well as servicing international and remote roles.