An exciting opportunity for a Personal Assistant to join an award winning law firm based in South Manchester during an exciting period of expansion.
You will be working closely with a partner, providing proactive and hands-on support. You must have previous legal experience in order to be considered.
This is a hybrid role, following successful completion of probation.
Duties will include:
- Preparing correspondence and documents through audiotyping and word processing.
- Administering filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedure contained in the Office Manual.
- Preparing mail and enclosures for despatch if required.
- Arranging for all copying to be done, in person if the admin assistant is not available to undertake the task.
- Making appointments, arrange meetings and to manage the fee earner diaries
- Providing support to other secretaries and the administration team as required.
- Attending to clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- Undertaking any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Ensuring the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients’ documentation and information.
- Demonstrable legal secretarial experience
- Computer literate
- Excellent command of English spelling, punctuation and grammar (may be tested at interview)
- Excellent word processing and audio typing skills
- Excellent customer service skills, including professional and friendly telephone manner.
- Experience of working in a Personal Injury law firm, or civil litigation firm desirable
This is a great opportunity to join a leading law firm, ranked in the top 10 for the Best Law Firm to work for in the UK by Best Companies. You will be part of a forward thinking business which encourages progression and has a strong internal PA network.
Salary for this role is up to £32,000 DOE plus benefits.
Lily Shippen's business support team are experts in recruiting top secretarial, office administration and business support talent, including Personal Assistant's, Executive Assistants, Private PAs, and Office Managers, on a temporary, permanent and fixed-term contract basis. We work with clients across the United Kingdom, from our offices in London and Manchester, as well as servicing international and remote roles.